Monday, September 16, 2013

Free Motion Quilting

Ok, so about a year and a half ago, I purchased (on Amazon) a lot of different feet for my sewing machine.  I mean, I couldn't pass up pennies a foot with combined shipping.  All in all, I think I got 6-7 "feet" for about $4.00 - that is mostly shipping.

I've really been wanting to try Free Motion Quilting . . . which basically is using your own sewing machine to quilt your items.

One of those "feet" was a darning foot . . .

The foot itself was really easy to attach . . . I just need to remember to reattach the "do-hicky" that holds the other "feet" when I'm done!

I made this block a-LONG time ago (so no comments on the points!  ha!).  I actually kept it so I could use it to practice this.

So, I get going, and it takes a little getting used to.  As you can see in the pic, there are some shorter stitches - some longer. 

These should even up a bit after some practice.

I was thinking - THIS IS GREAT!  Maybe I don't have to go to the outer galaxy to take a long arm quilting class (although I think it would be fun! - taking the class, not going to outer galaxy.  Although, that would be fun . . . but that is a different story).

Then I flip the piece over, and see this!
Somebody help me!

What do I need to do to fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment