Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FMQ

Ok, so I played with the tension of the upper thread today.  I don't know how well the pix is going to show . . . the sewing machine was set at 2.5 on the upper thread.  The upper corner was 3.5 setting, beneath that to the left was 4.  The one on the right was 5.
The third one in that row was at 5.5, and the middle spiral was back to 5.

Here is a view of the back.

Hmm.  Maybe this is better:
A little.

Ok, so I noticed as well that on the two I did on setting 5 that I was able to go a little faster.  So, I'm thinking speed could be a factor? 

I will still work with the fine tuning of the tension. 

Then I will play with designs . . . I'm in the process of putting together the blocks for a BOM I got from Joann's a few years ago . . . would love to be able to quilt it myself, since I can't find any longarm quilting classes close by.


No comments:

Post a Comment