Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2013 Fall Mug Rug Swap

What is a "mug rug"?

That is what I asked myself after I joined the swap . . . and after doing a little bit of research (thanks, Google!), I figured out that mug rugs are a cross between coasters and placemats.

They can be different sizes in length/width - I think the average is around 6" x 10".  So, that is the goal I set myself.

My swap partner likes purple.  I had just enough purple batik for this project.

These are the end results . . . they measure 6.25" x 11"(ish) each.





Sorry I didn't take pictures of the whole process like I did for the table runner.  Just keep in mind that I tried paper piecing, and even made some mini Dresden plates, but went with the above instead.  Will send the paper pieced R and the mini Dresden plates as well - maybe she can incorporate them somehow into other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment